August 05, 2013

My first ever crochet project... baby booties!

Hello crochet lovers,

Here we go... I have found the courage to draft my first blog post and I am pretty thrilled about it!

I would like to share with you my first ever crochet project.

To get myself started I took an introductory course at Loop shop in London, where I learned all the crochet basics with sc, dc and few other tips, but above all where I understood that I was feeling very happy when dedicating myself to crochet.



Therefore, I bought my first book with crochet patterns, "Cute & Easy Crochet" by Nicki Trench, and it is from there that I got the pattern to make these tiny baby boots for my niece!


At the time I still didn't know the colors of my niece...we were still waiting for her...therefore I thought that being a girl, a bit of pink and purple would have made her look cute and girly!


The pattern was very easy to follow, especially from someone who has just started crocheting and I think it provides a clear picture on how to put together a shoe sole.

I love the idea of even just fasting them off as ballerinas, but for the winter the full version looks warmer.



Hope you like them and have a lovely rest of your day!

Rory


No comments:

Post a Comment